Indian Chamber of Commerce is hosting an ‘Immersion Workshop’ on Rapidinnovation on 26th April, 2013 at Kolkata at their premises 4, India Exchange Place, Kolkata – 700001.
This is second part of the series on Manufacturing Excellence made up of 5 parts.
The announcement and the workshop schedule follow:
Indian Chamber of Commerce
Workshop Series on Manufacturing Excellence Toolkit
26th April 2013 – Workshop on Rapidinnovation
Manufacturing Excellence in modern times needs at least five components to meet the highest standards of operational stability, efficiency and effectiveness on a sustainable basis. It is like the five fingers of a hand. To use the hand efficiently all five fingers must be effective. The five components are: –
1. TPM, CBM, RCM — Maximize Manufacturing Efficiency by minimizing wastage and risks
2. Rapidinnovation — Dramatically improves Productivity, Performance and Profitability on an on-going basis through creativity & innovation
3. Marketing & Beyond — New Age Industrial Marketing Strategies
4. Strategy– Formulate a creative company strategy to create great new Products and Services to solve problems of customers through efficiency and innovation
5. New Age Human Development Skills – Human Competencies in the new age – a more creative workforce to unleash human potential.
These are interdependent paths to excellence. Therefore they are inseparable.
Keeping this in mind, we intend to regularly conduct brief ‘Immersion Workshops’ every month to expose participants to these well-tested concepts filled with practical ideas, and follow-up with the “Master-class Series” which may be upgraded, on demand, to the Systems Clinic Cluster approach. At the inception level, all individual workshops would be of 5 hours duration which would include lunch and 2 tea-breaks. We are launching the Excellence Series with the second workshop on 26th April, 2013, at the Indian Chamber of Commerce, Meeting room 1, 9th Floor, 4 India Exchange Place, Kolkata 700001.
Workshop on Rapidinnovation
Aim: Dramatically improve Productivity, Performance and Profitability on an on-going basis through creativity & innovation. While strategy gives direction to an organization, innovation drives it. Organizational Strategy and innovation go together to achieve the aspiration of any organization.
Who must attend?
Managers from the manufacturing industries, who would like to understand how to align strategy and innovation to dramatically improve Productivity, Performance and Profitability in the shortest possible time with least effort and resources by eliminating inherent ‘imperfections’ in their systems.
After attending the workshop the participants would be able to –
1. Learn how organizational strategy and innovation are linked.
2. Learn about the process of discovering hidden ‘imperfections’ in various interactions
3. Learn how to achieve balance between risks and rewards
4. Learn and apply the fundamental process of innovation.
5. Draw action plans for initiating Rapidinnovation to improve the 3 Ps.
1. What is Rapidinnovation?
2. Systems, Interactions, Complexity, Imperfections
3. The Fundamental Approach of the innovation process.
4. The Concept of minimal intervention
5. Cases of innovation in machines, maintenance system, product, customer experience, systems design, strategy design & organizational design
Methodology: Lectures, Dialogs, Case Studies, Hands on exercises
Schedule of the Immersion Workshop
Introduction – 15 mins
Rapidinnovation – Strategy formulation with case study – 30 mins
Dibyendu De, Director, The International Nemetics Institute
Tea break – 15 mins
Formulation of Balanced Scorecard with example – Satrajit Sanyal, Deputy Director, ICC – 30 mins
Aligning strategy with innovation a case study – Smita Pandit Chakraborty (CEO of Phoenix Continental Tyres, Europe) – 30 mins
Lunch – 60 mins
More case studies – Dibyendu De, Director, The International Nemetics Institute, Kolkata – 30 mins
Learning & Human Development – a plan – Sanjukta Mukherjee, Deputy Director, Indian Chamber of Commerce – 30 mins
Q&A session with tea – 30 mins
Each session would be followed by 15 mins of Q & A session on the topic covered.
Please contact through twitter (@rapidinnovator) or by just leaving a reply on this blog if you want to enjoy the experience.
2 thoughts on “Immersion Workshop on Rapidinnovation”
Try to attend on 26th April’2013 Let me know entry to this program.
Please contact Ms S Mukherjee for the delegate response forms. Her email id is -> firstname.lastname@example.org