Profile of: Dibyendu De
(Mentoring people to eliminate chronic and complex problems related to management of physical assets)
Director, ReliabilityPvt. Ltd.
He earned his degree in Mechanical Engineering from NIT Durgapur followed by a Masters’s degree in Machine Design from NIT Rourkela and a Post Graduate Certificate on Condition Based Maintenance, Maintenance Management & Manufacturing Systems from the U.K and a Certification on Training from Milton Keynes, U.K.
He has 42 years of experience in Maintenance and Reliability Engineering as a practitioner, consultant and teacher in India and abroad. He pioneered the introduction of Condition Based Maintenance, Maintenance Management Systems and Reliability Centred Maintenance in India, which changed the engineering practices in India. And has worked with more than 100 clients – the best in class of Indian Industries.
He focuses and specialises on the heart of reliability improvement, i.e. to increase the MTBF of machines and maximise effectiveness of manufacturing systems by solving chronic and complex problems to sustain profitability of a manufacturing organisation. He focuses on the heart of reliability improvement, i.e. to increase the MTBF of machines. He believes that – equipment failure is not an option and traditional maintenance is also not an option to sustain profitability of a manufacturing organisation.
Reliability improvement (increasing MTBF) and sustaining it is done by — a) preventing consequences of failures (avoidance of risks) b) detecting the factors of deterioration c) slowing down the ageing or deterioration process d) maintaining the system near quasi-static equilibrium state.
He regularly facilitates reliability improvement initiatives by solving chronic and complex problems of process industries through various innovative methods.
Once the improvements are in place, organizations continue to gain on-going benefits for years.
Number of Signature Projects in the past 20 years = 10
7 Best unsolicited Appreciations:
1. “If you want a theory go to a Professor but if you want to have a real solution backed by the simplest theory go to him. He has always been able to use outside-the-box thinking to develop innovative solutions” – Dr. Ian Kennedy, M.D. WM Engineering, U.K.
2. “The best resource for improving Reliability in Industries” – Rajesh Kundu, President, HZL
3. “Every page of your report saves me Rs 40 Lakhs” — G.D. S Sohal, Ex-Director, Jindal Steel
4. “What lies behind such spectacular improvements is ‘out of the box’ thinking of a brilliant mind” — Harsh Jha, M.D. Tata Metaliks
5. “You have been such a brilliant coach, mentor, guide and friend that all Engineers / Managers getting in touch with you , gets enlightened. I have plenty of such success stories from my side as well. Your clarity of engineering concept makes you unique and positions you poles apart.” — Parveen Kumar Singh, M.D & CEO at IPP Group.
Reliability Management Consultant Pvt Ltd.
Phone: +91 9836466678