Profile of: Dibyendu De
Director, ReliabilityPvt. Ltd.
Dibyendu De earned his degree in Mechanical Engineering from NIT Durgapur followed by a Masters’s degree in Machine Design from NIT Rourkela and a Post Graduate Certificate on Condition Based Maintenance & Manufacturing Systems from the U.K.
He has 41 years of engineering experience in Maintenance Engineering as a practitioner, consultant and teacher in India and abroad. He has published 19 papers in peer-reviewed journals on maintenance engineering techniques and case studies on problem-solving.
His main focus has been on technical troubleshooting and problem solving to increase the Reliability of equipment by bringing down failure rate to almost zero.
He regularly facilitates reliability initiatives of process industries along with educating engineers and managers in the field of reliability, availability, maintainability and safety (RAMS).
Once the improvements are in place, the organizations continue to gain on-going benefits for years.
He believes that deep observation, deep analysis and meaningful innovation are the essential keys to change present reality to a more helpful and enabling future.
Number of Signature Projects in the past 20 years = 10
6 Best unsolicited Appreciations:
1. “If you want a theory go to a Professor but if you want to have a real solution backed by the simplest theory go to him. He has always been able to use outside-the-box thinking to develop innovative solutions” – Dr. Ian Kennedy, M.D. WM Engineering, U.K.
2. “The best resource for improving Reliability in Industries” – Rajesh Kundu, President, HZL
3. “Every page of your report saves me Rs 40 Lakhs” — G.D. S Sohal, Ex-Director, Jindal Steel
4. “What lies behind such spectacular improvements is ‘out of the box’ thinking of a brilliant mind” — Harsh Jha, M.D. Tata Metaliks
5. “You have been such a brilliant coach, mentor, guide and friend that all Engineers / Managers getting in touch with you , gets enlightened. I have plenty of such success stories from my side as well. Your clarity of engineering concept makes you unique and positions you poles apart.” — Parveen Kumar Singh, M.D & CEO at IPP Group.
Reliability Management Consultant Pvt Ltd.
Phone: +91 9836466678