Profile of: Dibyendu De
(Adaptive Maintenance for System Reliability)
Director, Reliability Management Consultant Pvt. Ltd.
He earned his degree in Mechanical Engineering from NIT Durgapur followed by a Masters’s degree in Machine Design from NIT Rourkela and a Post Graduate Certificate in Condition Based Maintenance, Maintenance Management & Manufacturing Systems from the U.K and a Certification in Training from Milton Keynes, U.K.
Before opening his consulting practice he worked in Cemindia, Larsen & Toubro and IIPM for a total of 18 years gaining practical field experience in Maintenance and Reliability Engineering.
For the next 25 years he offered his services to clients in India and abroad through his consulting firm RMCPL (Reliability Management Consultant Pvt. Ltd.).
During the past 43 years, he pioneered the introduction of Condition Based Maintenance, Design Out Maintenance, Computerised Maintenance Management System, Reliability Centred Maintenance and Adaptive Maintenance for System Reliability (refer: https://wordpress.com/page/rgbwaves.com/2) in India, which changed the engineering practices in India. So far, he has worked with more than 100 clients – the best in class of Indian Industries.
He focuses and specialises on the heart of reliability improvement, i.e. to increase the MTBF of machines and maximise effectiveness and reliability of manufacturing systems by helping clients to apply Adaptive Maintenance to sustain profitability of a manufacturing organisation. He believes that – traditional maintenance practices are not viable options to improve system reliability to sustain profitability of any manufacturing organisation.
However, once the improvements through Adaptive Maintenance are in place, organisations continue to gain on-going benefits for years.
Number of Signature Projects in the past 20 years = 10
7 Best unsolicited Appreciations:
1. “If you want a theory go to a Professor but if you want to have a real solution backed by the simplest theory go to him. He has always been able to use outside-the-box thinking to develop innovative solutions” – Dr. Ian Kennedy, M.D. WM Engineering, U.K.
2. “The best resource for improving Reliability in Industries” – Rajesh Kundu, President, HZL
3. “Every page of your report saves me Rs 40 Lakhs” — G.D. S Sohal, Ex-Director, Jindal Steel
4. “What lies behind such spectacular improvements is ‘out of the box’ thinking of a brilliant mind” — Harsh Jha, M.D. Tata Metaliks
5. “You have been such a brilliant coach, mentor, guide and friend that all Engineers / Managers getting in touch with you , gets enlightened. I have plenty of such success stories from my side as well. Your clarity of engineering concept makes you unique and positions you poles apart.” — Parveen Kumar Singh, M.D & CEO at IPP Group.
Reliability Management Consultant Pvt Ltd.
Phone: +91 9836466678